PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF SERVICES (“TERMS”) CAREFULLY. Tree Matrix, Inc. (together with our affiliates, “Tree Matrix”, “Company” “we”, or “us”) provides landscape management planning tools accessible at www.treematrix.com (“Site”) that is designed to evaluate tree preservation plans and the tree survivability likelihood based upon a mathematical formula, and also to allow users to identify the perfect plants for any setting, including commercial, industrial and residential (“Services”).
IF YOU SUBSCRIBE TO THE SERVICES FOR A TERM (THE “INITIAL TERM”), THEN THE TERMS WILL BE AUTOMATICALLY RENEWED FOR ADDITIONAL PERIODS OF THE SAME DURATION AS THE INITIAL TERM, AT COMPANY’S THEN-CURRENT FEE FOR SUCH SUBSCRIPTION SERVICES UNLESS YOU OPT OUT OF THE AUTO-RENEWAL IN ACCORDANCE WITH SECTION 5.4 BELOW.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT SECTION 11.1 OF these terms, BELOW, CONTAINS PROVISIONS GOVERNING HOW CLAIMS THAT YOU AND WE HAVE AGAINST EACH OTHER ARE RESOLVED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY CLAIMS THAT AROSE OR WERE ASSERTED PRIOR TO THE EFFECTIVE DATE OF these terms. IN PARTICULAR, IT CONTAINS AN ARBITRATION AGREEMENT WHICH WILL, WITH LIMITED EXCEPTIONS, REQUIRE DISPUTES BETWEEN US TO BE SUBMITTED TO BINDING AND FINAL ARBITRATION. UNLESS YOU OPT OUT OF THE ARBITRATION AGREEMENT: (1) YOU WILL ONLY BE PERMITTED TO PURSUE CLAIMS AND SEEK RELIEF AGAINST US ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR PROCEEDING; AND (2) YOU ARE WAIVING YOUR RIGHT TO SEEK RELIEF IN A COURT OF LAW AND TO HAVE A JURY TRIAL ON YOUR CLAIMS.
ANY DISPUTE OR CLAIM RELATING IN ANY WAY TO YOUR USE OF THE Services WILL BE GOVERNED AND INTERPRETED BY AND UNDER THE LAWS OF THE COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA CONSISTENT WITH THE FEDERAL ARBITRATION ACT, WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY PRINCIPLES THAT PROVIDE FOR THE APPLICATION OF THE LAW OF ANY OTHER JURISDICTION. THE UNITED NATIONS CONVENTION ON CONTRACTS FOR THE INTERNATIONAL SALE OF GOODS IS EXPRESSLY EXCLUDED FROM these terms.
PLEASE NOTE THAT The Terms are subject to change by Company in its sole discretion at any time. When changes are made, Company will make a new copy of the Terms available at [www.treematrix.com]. We will also update the “Last Updated” date at the top of the Terms. If we make any material changes, and you have registered with us to create an Account we will also send an e-mail to you at the last e-mail address you provided to us pursuant to the Terms. Any changes to the Terms will be effective immediately for new users of the Services and will be effective thirty (30) days after posting notice of such changes on the Site for existing users, provided that any material changes shall be effective for users who have an Account with us upon the earlier of thirty (30) days after posting notice of such changes on the Site or thirty (30) days after dispatch of an e-mail notice of such changes to existing users. Company may require you to provide consent to the updated Terms in a specified manner before further use of the Services is permitted. If you do not agree to any change(s) after receiving a notice of such change(s), you shall stop using the Site and/or the Services. Otherwise, your continued use of the Site and/or Services constitutes your acceptance of such change(s). PLEASE REGULARLY CHECK THE SITE TO VIEW THE THEN-CURRENT TERMS.
- Account Creation. To use the Services, you must register for an account (“Account”) on the Site.
- Account Responsibilities. With the exception of people or business that are expressly authorized to create Accounts on behalf of their employers or clients by registering as an Enterprise User, Tree Matrix prohibits the creation of, and you agree that you will not, create an Account for anyone other than yourself or for your personal use. Regardless of whether you are a Consumer User or an Enterprise User, you are responsible for all activities that occur under your Account. You agree to immediately notify Company of any unauthorized use, or suspected unauthorized use of your Account or any other breach of security. Company cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the above requirements.
- Account Creation. To use the Services, you must register for an account (“Account”) on the Site.
- Access to the Services
- Grant of Rights. Subject to these Terms, Company grants you a non-transferable, non-exclusive, revocable, limited right to access the Site to use the features and functionality of the Services, in each case solely for your own personal or business purposes.
- Certain Restrictions. The rights granted to you in these Terms are subject to the following restrictions: (a) you shall not license, sell, rent, lease, transfer, assign, distribute, host, or otherwise commercially exploit the Services, whether in whole or in part, or any content displayed on the Service; (b) you shall not modify, make derivative works of, disassemble, reverse compile or reverse engineer any part of the Service; (c) you shall not access the Services in order to build a similar or competitive website, product, or service; and (d) except as expressly stated herein, no part of the Services may be copied, reproduced, distributed, republished, downloaded, displayed, posted or transmitted in any form or by any means. Unless otherwise indicated, any future release, update, or other addition to functionality of the Services shall be subject to these Terms. All copyright and other proprietary notices on the Services (or on any content displayed on the Service) must be retained on all copies thereof.
- Modification. Company reserves the right, at any time, to modify, suspend, or discontinue the Services (in whole or in part) with or without notice to you. You agree that Company will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension, or discontinuation of the Services or any part thereof.
- No Support or Maintenance. You acknowledge and agree that Company will have no obligation to provide you with any support or maintenance in connection with the Services.
- Ownership. Excluding any User Content that you may provide (defined in Section 4.1 below), you acknowledge that all the intellectual property rights, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, and trade secrets, in the Services and its content are owned by Company or Company’s suppliers. Neither these Terms (nor your access to the Service) transfers to you or any third party any rights, title or interest in or to such intellectual property rights, except for the limited access rights expressly set forth in Section 2.1. Company and its suppliers reserve all rights not granted in these Terms. There are no implied licenses granted under these Terms.
- What information we may collect about you;
- What we use that information for; and
- With whom we share that information.
- User Content
- User Content. “User Content” means any and all information and content that a user submits to, or uses in connection with, the Services, including, but not limited to your address and planting conditions. You are solely responsible for your User Content. You assume all risks associated with use of your User Content, including any reliance on its accuracy, completeness or usefulness by others, or any disclosure of your User Content that personally identifies you or any third party. You hereby represent and warrant that your User Content does not violate our Acceptable Use Policy (defined in Section 4.3). You may not represent or imply to others that your User Content is in any way provided, sponsored or endorsed by Company. Because you alone are responsible for your User Content, you may expose yourself to liability if, for example, your User Content violates the Acceptable Use Policy. Company is not obligated to backup any User Content, and your User Content may be deleted at any time without prior notice. You are solely responsible for creating and maintaining your own backup copies of your User Content if you desire.
- License. You hereby grant (and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant) to Company an irrevocable, nonexclusive, royalty-free and fully paid, worldwide license to reproduce, distribute, publicly display and perform, prepare derivative works of, and otherwise use your User Content, and to grant sublicenses of the foregoing rights, for the purposes of operating and providing the Services to you and to our other users. You hereby irrevocably waive (and agree to cause to be waived) any claims and assertions of moral rights or attribution with respect to your User Content.
- Acceptable Use Policy. The following terms constitute our “Acceptable Use Policy”:
- You agree not to use the Services to collect, upload, transmit, display, or distribute any User Content (i) that violates any third-party right, including any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, moral right, privacy right, right of publicity, or any other intellectual property or proprietary right; (ii) that is unlawful, harassing, abusive, tortious, threatening, harmful, invasive of another’s privacy, vulgar, defamatory, false, intentionally misleading, trade libelous, pornographic, obscene, patently offensive, promotes racism, bigotry, hatred, or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual or is otherwise objectionable; (iii) that is harmful to minors in any way; or (iv) that is in violation of any law, regulation, or obligations or restrictions imposed by any third party.
- In addition, you agree not to: (i) upload, transmit, or distribute to or through the Services any computer viruses, worms, or any software intended to damage or alter a computer system or data; (ii) use the Services to harvest, collect, gather or assemble information or data regarding other users, including email addresses, without their consent; (iii) interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on servers or networks connected to the Services, or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks; (iv) attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Services (or to other computer systems or networks connected to or used together with the Service), whether through password mining or any other means; (v) harass or interfere with any other user’s use and enjoyment of the Services; or (v) use software or automated agents or scripts to produce multiple accounts on the Services, or to generate automated searches, requests, or queries to (or to strip, scrape, or mine data from) the Services (provided, however, that we conditionally grant to the operators of public search engines revocable permission to use spiders to copy materials from the Services for the sole purpose of and solely to the extent necessary for creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials, but not caches or archives of such materials, subject to the parameters set forth in our robots.txt file).
- Enforcement. We reserve the right (but have no obligation) to review any User Content, and to investigate and/or take appropriate action against you in our sole discretion if you violate the Acceptable Use Policy or any other provision of these Terms or otherwise create liability for us or any other person. Such action may include removing or modifying your User Content, terminating your Account in accordance with Section 10, and/or reporting you to law enforcement authorities.
- Feedback. You hereby grant to Company a royalty-free, worldwide, transferable, sublicensable, irrevocable, perpetual license to use or incorporate into the Services any suggestions, enhancement requests, recommendations or other feedback you provide relating to the Services (“Feedback”). Company will treat any Feedback you provide to Company as non-confidential and non-proprietary. You agree that you will not submit to Company any information or ideas that you consider to be confidential or proprietary.
- Purchase Terms
- Payment. You agree to pay all fees or charges to your Account in accordance with the fees, charges and billing terms in effect at the time a fee or charge is due and payable. Prices for our Services are subject to change without notice. You must provide Company or Authorize.net as defined below) with a valid credit card (Visa, MasterCard, or any other issuer accepted by us) (“Payment Provider”) as a condition to signing up for the Services. Your Payment Provider agreement governs your use of the designated credit card, and you must refer to that agreement and not the Terms to determine your rights and liabilities. By providing Company or Authorize.net with your credit card number and associated payment information, you agree that Company and/or Authorize.net is authorized to immediately invoice your Account for all fees and charges due and payable to Company hereunder and that no additional notice or consent is required. You agree to immediately notify Company and/or Authorize.net of any change in your billing address or the credit card used for payment hereunder. Company reserves the right at any time to change its prices and billing methods, either immediately upon posting on the Services or by e-mail delivery to you. All fees are, unless otherwise stated, non-refundable and stated in US dollars.
- Automatic Renewal. If you have elected to purchase a subscription to the Services, your subscription will remain in effect until it is cancelled. After your initial subscription period, and again after any subsequent subscription period, your subscription will automatically commence on the first day following the end of such period (each a “Renewal Commencement Date”) and continue for an additional equivalent period, at Company’s then-current price for such subscription. You agree that your Account will be subject to this automatic renewal feature unless you cancel your subscription at least thirty (30) days prior to the Renewal Commencement Date (or in the event that you receive a notice from Company that your subscription will be automatically renewed, you will have thirty (30) days from the date of the Company notice), by logging into and going to www.treematrix.com and accessing your settings. If you cancel your subscription, you may use your subscription until the end of your then-current subscription term; your subscription will not be renewed after your then-current term expires. By subscribing, you authorize Company and/or Authorize.net to charge your Payment Provider now, and again at the beginning of any subsequent subscription period. Upon renewal of your subscription, if Company does not receive payment from your Payment Provider, (i) you agree to pay all amounts due on your Account upon demand, and/or (ii) you agree that Company and/or Authorize.net may either terminate or suspend your subscription and continue to attempt to charge your Payment Provider until payment is received (upon receipt of payment, your Account will be activated and for purposes of automatic renewal, your new subscription commitment period will begin as of the day payment was received). You will have thirty (30) days from the Services Commencement Date, or any Renewal Commencement Date, for any Services hereunder, to cancel such Services, in which case Company will refund your Services Subscription Fee, if already paid for the applicable Services.
- Taxes. Company’s fees are net of any applicable Sales Tax. If any Services, or payments for any Services, under the Terms are subject to Sales Tax in any jurisdiction and you have not remitted the applicable Sales Tax to Company, you will be responsible for the payment of such Sales Tax and any related penalties or interest to the relevant tax authority, and you will indemnify Company for any liability or expense we may incur in connection with such Sales Taxes. Upon our request, you will provide us with official receipts issued by the appropriate taxing authority, or other such evidence that you have paid all applicable taxes. For purposes of this section, “Sales Tax” shall mean any sales or use tax, and any other tax measured by sales proceeds, that Company is permitted to pass to its customers, that is the functional equivalent of a sales tax where the applicable taxing jurisdiction does not otherwise impose a sales or use tax. You agree to make all payments of fees to Company free and clear of, and without reduction for, any withholding taxes. Any such taxes imposed on payments of fees to Company will be your sole responsibility, and you will provide Company with official receipts issued by the appropriate taxing authority, or such other evidence as we may reasonably request, to establish that such taxes have been paid.
- Free Trials and Other Promotions. We may, at our discretion, offer free trials and other promotions for certain users. For example, we may offer students with discounted subscriptions to the Services. Any use of the Services during such free trial or promotional period is subject to these Terms.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold Company (and its officers, employees, and agents) harmless, including costs and attorneys’ fees, from any claim or demand made by any third party due to or arising out of (a) your use of the Services, (b) your User Content, (c) your violation of these Terms; or (d) your violation of applicable laws, rules or regulations. Company reserves the right, at your expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter for which you are required to indemnify us, and you agree to cooperate with our defense of these claims. You agree not to settle any matter without the prior written consent of Company. Company will use reasonable efforts to notify you of any such claim, action or proceeding upon becoming aware of it.
- Third-Party Links, Applications & Ads; Other Users
- Third-Party Links, Applications & Ads. The Services may contain links to third-party websites and services, applications and/or display advertisements for third parties (collectively, “Third-Party Links, Applications & Ads”). Such Third-Party Links, Applications & Ads are not under the control of Company, and Company is not responsible for any Third-Party Links, Applications & Ads. Company provides access to these Third-Party Links, Applications & Ads only as a convenience to you, and does not review, approve, monitor, endorse, warrant, or make any representations with respect to Third-Party Links, Applications & Ads. You use all Third-Party Links, Applications & Ads at your own risk, and should apply a suitable level of caution and discretion in doing so. When you click on any of the Third-Party Links, Applications & Ads, the applicable third party’s terms and policies apply, including the third party’s privacy and data gathering practices. You should make whatever investigation you feel necessary or appropriate before proceeding with any transaction in connection with such Third-Party Links & Ads.
- Open-Source Software. Certain software code incorporated into or distributed with the Services may be licensed by third parties under various “open-source” or “public-source” software licenses (such as the GNU General Public License, the GNU Lesser General Public License, the Apache License, the Berkeley Software Distribution License, and the MIT License) (collectively, the “Open Source Software”). Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these Terms, the Open Source Software is not licensed under Section 1.1 and instead is separately licensed pursuant to the terms and conditions of their respective open-source software licenses. You agree to comply with the terms and conditions of such open-source software license agreements.
- Other Users. Each Services user is solely responsible for any and all of its own User Content. Because we do not control User Content, you acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for any User Content, whether provided by you or by others. We make no guarantees regarding, and you are solely responsible for, the accuracy, currency, suitability, or quality of any User Content.
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE SERVICES IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS-IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, AND COMPANY (AND OUR SUPPLIERS) EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING ALL WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, ACCURACY, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE (AND OUR SUPPLIERS) MAKE NO WARRANTY THAT: (1) THE SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS; (2) YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR-FREE; OR (3) THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE. We make no warranty that the plants or trees, locations, survivability rate, or other advice, information, or recommendation we make through the Services are accurate or reliable, and do not guarantee that any plants or trees will grow at a specific rate, in a specific way, or at all. You acknowledge and agree that our advice and recommendations are based, in part, on the accuracy and reliability of User Content that you submit, and that such data and information, and conditions, may change, which may render any advice, information, or recommendation incorrect or inadvisable. You are solely responsible for the planting of any such trees and plants, and do so at your own risk. Except as set forth in Section 9 below, Company shall have no liability with respect to any injury, property damage, or death that arises from any activities in connection with your use of the Services, or any advice, information or recommendation contained thereon.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE OR DATA, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES, OR DAMAGES OR COSTS DUE TO LOSS OF PRODUCTION OR USE, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, WHETHER OR NOT COMPANY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE TERMS OR THE SERVICES, ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, COPYRIGHT, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY.
OUR LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT (FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION), WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE GREATER OF (A) THE FEES, IF ANY, PAID BY YOU TO COMPANY UNDER THIS AGREEMENT IN THE SIX (6) MONTHS IMMEDIATELY PRECEDING THE EVENT FIRST GIVING RISE TO THE CLAIM, (B) FIFTY US DOLLARS (U.S. $50), AND (C) THE REMEDY OR PENALTY IMPOSED BY THE STATUTE UNDER WHICH SUCH CLAIM ARISES. THE EXISTENCE OF MORE THAN ONE CLAIM WILL NOT ENLARGE THIS LIMIT. YOU AGREE THAT OUR SUPPLIERS WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT.
THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY SHALL NOT APPLY TO LIABILITY OF COMPANY FOR (A) DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY ITS NEGLIGENCE; OR FOR (B) ANY INJURY CAUSED BY ITS FRAUD OR FRAUDULENT MISREPRESENTATION.
THE LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES SET FORTH ABOVE ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN COMPANY AND YOU.
- Term and Termination. Subject to this Section, these Terms will remain in full force and effect while you use the Services. We may suspend or terminate your rights to use the Services (including your Account) at any time for any reason at our sole discretion, including for any use of the Services in violation of these Terms. If you want to terminate the Services provided by Company, you may do so by (a) notifying Company at any time and (b) closing your Account. Your notice should be sent, in writing, to Company's address set forth below. Upon termination of your rights under these Terms, your Account and right to access and use the Services will terminate immediately. You understand that any termination of your Account may involve deletion of your User Content associated with your Account from our live databases. Company will not have any liability whatsoever to you for any termination of your rights under these Terms, including for termination of your Account or deletion of your User Content. Even after your rights under these Terms are terminated, the following provisions of these Terms will remain in effect: Sections 2.2-2.5, 4 –11.
- Dispute Resolution. Please read the following arbitration agreement in this Section (“Arbitration Agreement”) carefully. It requires you to arbitrate disputes with Company and limits the manner in which you can seek relief from us.
- Applicability of Arbitration Agreement. You agree that any dispute or claim relating in any way to your access or use of the Services or to any aspect of your relationship with Company, will be resolved by binding arbitration, rather than in court, except that (1) you may assert claims in small claims court if your claims qualify, and (2) you or Company may seek equitable relief in court for infringement or other misuse of intellectual property rights (such as trademarks, trade dress, domain names, trade secrets, copyrights, and patents). This Arbitration Agreement shall apply, without limitation, to all claims that arose or were asserted before the Effective Date of these Terms or any prior version of these Terms.
- Arbitration Rules and Forum. The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this Arbitration Agreement. To begin an arbitration proceeding, you must send a letter requesting arbitration and describing your claim to our registered agent, The Corporation Trust Company, 1209 Orange Street, Wilmington, DE 19801. The arbitration will be conducted by JAMS, an established alternative dispute resolution provider. Disputes involving claims and counterclaims under $250,000, not inclusive of attorneys’ fees and interest, shall be subject to JAMS’s most current version of the Streamlined Arbitration Rules and procedures available at https://www.jamsadr.com/rules-streamlined-arbitration/; all other claims shall be subject to JAMS’s most current version of the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures, available at https://www.jamsadr.com/rules-comprehensive-arbitration/. JAMS’s rules are also available at www.jamsadr.com or by calling JAMS at 800-352-5267. If JAMS is not available to arbitrate, the parties will select an alternative arbitral forum. If the arbitrator finds that you cannot afford to pay JAMS’s filing, administrative, hearing and/or other fees and cannot obtain a waiver from JAMS, Company will pay them for you. In addition, Company will reimburse all such JAMS’s filing, administrative, hearing and/or other fees for claims totaling less than $10,000 unless the arbitrator determines the claims are frivolous. You may choose to have the arbitration conducted by telephone, based on written submissions, or in person in the country where you live or at another mutually agreed location. Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court of competent jurisdiction.
- Authority of Arbitrator. The arbitrator shall have exclusive authority to (a) determine the scope and enforceability of this Arbitration Agreement and (b) resolve any dispute related to the interpretation, applicability, enforceability or formation of this Arbitration Agreement including, but not limited to any claim that all or any part of this Arbitration Agreement is void or voidable. The arbitration will decide the rights and liabilities, if any, of you and Company. The arbitration proceeding will not be consolidated with any other matters or joined with any other cases or parties. The arbitrator shall have the authority to grant motions dispositive of all or part of any claim. The arbitrator shall have the authority to award monetary damages and to grant any non-monetary remedy or relief available to an individual under applicable law, the arbitral forum’s rules, and these Terms (including the Arbitration Agreement). The arbitrator shall issue a written award and statement of decision describing the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based, including the calculation of any damages awarded. The arbitrator has the same authority to award relief on an individual basis that a judge in a court of law would have. The award of the arbitrator is final and binding upon you and us.
- Waiver of Jury Trial. YOU AND COMPANY HEREBY WAIVE ANY CONSTITUTIONAL AND STATUTORY RIGHTS TO SUE IN COURT AND HAVE A TRIAL IN FRONT OF A JUDGE OR A JURY. You and Company are instead electing that all claims and disputes shall be resolved by arbitration under this Arbitration Agreement, except as specified in Section 11.1(a) above. An arbitrator can award on an individual basis the same damages and relief as a court and must follow these Terms as a court would. However, there is no judge or jury in arbitration, and court review of an arbitration award is subject to very limited review.
- Waiver of Class or Other Non-Individualized Relief. ALL CLAIMS AND DISPUTES WITHIN THE SCOPE OF THIS ARBITRATION AGREEMENT MUST BE ARBITRATED ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT ON A CLASS OR COLLECTIVE BASIS, ONLY INDIVIDUAL RELIEF IS AVAILABLE, AND CLAIMS OF MORE THAN ONE CUSTOMER OR USER CANNOT BE ARBITRATED OR CONSOLIDATED WITH THOSE OF ANY OTHER CUSTOMER OR USER. If a decision is issued stating that applicable law precludes enforcement of any of this subsection’s limitations as to a given claim for relief, than then claim must be severed from the arbitration and brought into the State or Federal Courts located in the Commonwealth of Virginia. All other claims shall be arbitrated.
- 30-Day Right to Opt Out. You have the right to opt out of the provisions of this Arbitration Agreement by sending written notice of your decision to opt out to email@example.com, within 30 days after first becoming subject to this Arbitration Agreement. Your notice must include your name and address, your Company username (if any), the email address you used to set up your Company account (if you have one), and an unequivocal statement that you want to opt out of this Arbitration Agreement. If you opt out of this Arbitration Agreement, all other parts of these Terms will continue to apply to you. Opting out of this Arbitration Agreement has no effect on any other arbitration agreements that you may currently have, or may enter in the future, with us.
- Severability. Except as provided in subsection 11.1(e), if any part or parts of this Arbitration Agreement are found under the law to be invalid or unenforceable, then such specific part or parts shall be of no force and effect and shall be severed and the remainder of the Arbitration Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
- Survival of Agreement. This Arbitration Agreement will survive the termination of your relationship with Company.
- Modification. Notwithstanding any provision in these Terms to the contrary, we agree that if Company makes any future material change to this Arbitration Agreement, you may reject that change within thirty (30) days of such change becoming effective by writing Company at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- International Users. The Services can be accessed from countries around the world and may contain references to a Services that is not available in your country. These references do not imply that Company intends to announce such Services in your country. The Services is controlled and offered by Company from its facilities in the United States of America. Company makes no representations that the Services is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the Services from other countries do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law.
- Exclusive Venue. To the extent the parties are permitted under this Agreement to initiate litigation in a court, both you and Company agree that all claims and disputes arising out of or relating to the Agreement will be litigated exclusively in the state or federal courts located in Albemarle County, Virginia.
- Governing Law. The Terms and any action related thereto will be governed and interpreted by and under the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, consistent with the Federal Arbitration Act, without giving effect to any principles that provide for the application of the law of another jurisdiction. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to these Terms.
- Export. The Services may be subject to U.S. export control laws and may be subject to export or import regulations in other countries. You agree not to export, reexport, or transfer, directly or indirectly, any U.S. technical data acquired from Company, or any products utilizing such data, in violation of the United States export laws or regulations.
- Electronic Communications. The communications between you and Company use electronic means, whether you use the Services or send us emails, or whether Company posts notices on the Services or communicates with you via email. For contractual purposes, you (a) consent to receive communications from Company in an electronic form; and (b) agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that Company provides to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if it were be in a hardcopy writing. The foregoing does not affect your non-waivable rights.
- Notice. Where Company requires that you provide an e-mail address, you are responsible for providing Company with your most current e-mail address. In the event that the last e-mail address you provided to Company is not valid, or for any reason is not capable of delivering to you any notices required/ permitted by the Terms, Company’s dispatch of the e-mail containing such notice will nonetheless constitute effective notice. You may give notice to Company at the following address: Tree Matrix, Inc., c/o The Corporation Trust Company, 1209 Orange Street, Wilmington, DE 19801 or except as otherwise stated, email address: email@example.com. Such notice shall be deemed given when received by Company by letter delivered by nationally recognized overnight delivery Services or first class postage prepaid mail at the above address or, with respect to emails, upon confirmation that the email was received.
- Force Majeure. Company shall not be liable for any delay or failure to perform resulting from causes outside its reasonable control, including, but not limited to, acts of God, war, terrorism, riots, embargos, acts of civil or military authorities, fire, floods, accidents, strikes or shortages of transportation facilities, fuel, energy, labor or materials.
- Entire Agreement. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and us regarding the use of the Services. Our failure to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision. The section titles in these Terms are for convenience only and have no legal or contractual effect. The word “including” means “including without limitation”. If any provision of these Terms is, for any reason, held to be invalid or unenforceable, the other provisions of these Terms will be unimpaired and the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed modified so that it is valid and enforceable to the maximum extent permitted by law. Your relationship to Company is that of an independent contractor, and neither party is an agent or partner of the other. These Terms, and your rights and obligations herein, may not be assigned, subcontracted, delegated, or otherwise transferred by you without Company’s prior written consent, and any attempted assignment, subcontract, delegation, or transfer in violation of the foregoing will be null and void. Company may freely assign these Terms. The terms and conditions set forth in these Terms shall be binding upon assignees.
- Questions, Complaints, Claims. If you have any questions, complaints or claims with respect to Company Properties, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to address your concerns. If you feel that your concerns have been addressed incompletely, we invite you to let us know for further investigation.
- Consumer Complaints. In accordance with California Civil Code §1789.3, if you are a Consumer User, you may report complaints to the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs by contacting them in writing at 400 R Street, Sacramento, CA 95814, or by telephone at (800) 952-5210.
- Copyright/Trademark Information. Copyright © 2018, Tree Matrix, Inc. All rights reserved. All trademarks, logos and Services marks (“Marks”) displayed on the Services are our property or the property of other third parties. You are not permitted to use these Marks without our prior written consent or the consent of such third party which may own the Marks.
- Contact Information:
- Dispute Resolution. Please read the following arbitration agreement in this Section (“Arbitration Agreement”) carefully. It requires you to arbitrate disputes with Company and limits the manner in which you can seek relief from us.
Tree Matrix, Inc.
800 E Jefferson St #101
Charlottesville, VA 22902